Mar 22, 2023
AJS 212 - Juvenile Justice Procedures
Description: History and development of juvenile justice theories, procedures and institutions.
- History of the juvenile justice system
- Overview of the modern-day juvenile justice system.
- Juvenile delinquency and the law
- Police interaction with juveniles
- Juvenile justice procedures
- Current issues and problems with the juvenile justice system
- Outline the historical development of the juvenile justice system.
- Outline the modern philosophies, organization and treatment/intervention goals of the juvenile justice system.
- Name and explain landmark cases related to current juvenile justice laws.
- Describe law enforcement procedures related to juvenile delinquency.
- Outline juvenile justice procedures from arrest/intake through disposition.
- Identify and discuss current issues and problems associated with the juvenile justice system.