Dec 05, 2021
AJS 275 - Criminal Investigations
Description: Theories of criminal investigation. Includes basic investigative techniques of crime scene procedures, case preparation, and interview techniques.
- Definition and goals of investigation
- Role of the investigator
- Crime scene management
- Physical evidence procedures
- Interview techniques
- Investigations of specific crimes
- Investigative report writing
- Define investigation and describe the goals of criminal investigation.
- Explain the role of the investigator and describe the attributes of a successful investigator.
- Define a crime scene and explain protecting and recording the crime scene.
- Identify, collect, preserve, and transport physical evidence.
- Describe the steps involved in preparing for interviews, use interview techniques, and list common interview problems.
- List and describe the basic investigative steps involved in specific crimes.
- Prepare and write an investigative report.