ART 121 - Ceramics II
Description: Concentration on use of the potter's wheel and other clay-building methods, further development of glazing and firing. Application of design principles.
Prerequisites: ART 120
- Use of the potters wheel
- Hand forming techniques
c. Slab work
d. Mold use
- Surface decoration techniques
- Glazing techniques
a. Wax resist
f. Metal oxide painting and staining
- Basic glaze components
- Basic kiln components
- Kiln firing procedures and components
- ormal elements and principles of design
- Historical and contemporary art examples
- Form clay on the potter's wheel.
- Hand form clay using several techniques.
- Use various techniques to affect the clay?s surface.
- Apply glaze using several techniques.
- Identify basic glaze components.
- Identify basic kiln components.
- Define and describe the components needed for the kiln firing process.
- Identify, analyze and utilize the formal elements and principles of design.
- Recognize historical or contemporary examples of the fine arts or crafts
- Use media specific terminology to critique and evaluate works of art.
- Critique and evaluation of art and artifacts.