Mar 07, 2021
ART 145 - Furniture and Woodworking II
Description: Advanced furniture design, joinery, jig building, and woodworking techniques. Application of design principles.
Prerequisites: ART 144
- Advanced equipment use and safety
- Advanced furniture design and/or a woodworking project
- Jig building
- Frame making and mitering
- Advanced joinery
- Formal elements and principles of design
- Historical and contemporary arat examples
- Use advanced tools and equipment safely.
- Document advanced design concepts to be used for furniture or woodworking projects.
- Employ jigs during machining and/or assembly of assignments.
- Use frame making and mitering.
- Use advanced joinery.
- Identify, analyze and utilize the formal elements and principles of design.
- Recognize historical or contemporary examples of the fine arts or crafts.
- Use media specific terminology to critique and evaluate works of art.
- Critique and evaluation of art and artifacts.