Mar 07, 2021
ART 181 - Sculpture II
Description: Advanced sculpture processes: modeling, mixed media, casting, and stone carving. Develop personal imagery and aesthetics through sculptural form.
Prerequisites: ART 180
- Tools and materials safety
- Modeling and fabrication
- Figure proportions
- Mixed media
- Silicone mold with plaster mother mold
- Stone sculpture
- Texture and pattern
- Finish techniques: gild, patina and/or paint
- Personal aesthetic
- Presentation and documentation of completed work
- Formal elements and principles of design
- Historical and contemporary art examples
- Use tools and materials safely.
- Use modeling and fabrication techniques.
- Employ figure proportions.
- Investigate mixed media.
- Apply silicone mold with plaster mother mold for reproducing sculpture.
- Produce a stone carving.
- Apply texture and pattern.
- Use finish techniques: gild, patina and/or paint.
- Convey a personal aesthetic.
- Prepare presentation and documentation of completed work.
- Enhance and compile images for sculpture in a sketchbook.
- Identify, analyze and utilize the formal elements and principles of design.
- Recognize historical or contemporary examples of the fine arts or crafts.
- Use media specific terminology to critique and evaluate works of art.
- Critique and evaluation of art and artifacts.