May 11, 2021
ART 190 - Oil/Acrylic Painting I
Description: Study and experimentation in painting techniques employed by modern and old masters. Emphasis on personal creativity and uniqueness of expression. Application of design principles.
Prerequisites: ART 110
- Introduction to media, techniques and vocabulary
- Basic color theory
- Perspective studies
- Monochromatic studies
- Color studies
- Formal elements and principles of design
- Historical or contemporary art examples
- Use appropriate tools.
- Identify chemical differences and applications of oil and acrylic paint.
- Employ various ground applications.
- Wash, scumble, drag, dab, and blend.
- Distinguish the techniques of glazing, alla prima, and other direct and indirect methods paint applications.
- Use perspective in painting.
- Utilize value.
- Identify, analyze and utilize the formal elements and principles of design.
- Recognize historical or contemporary examples of the fine arts or crafts.
- Use media specific terminology to critique and evaluate works of art.
- Critique and evaluation of art and artifacts