Jan 17, 2021
ART 281 - Advanced Projects in Sculpture
Description: Design and techniques for additive process, carved and/or mixed media sculpture to explore the potentials of three-dimensional form. Projects are to be a unified series of projects working toward portfolio development. Application of design principles.
Prerequisites: ART 181
- Tools and materials safety
- Project series defined by a unifying theme
- Media selection
- Additive process, carved and/or mixed media sculptures
- Finish techniques
- Personal aesthetic
- Presentation and documentation of completed work
- Formal elements and principles of design
- Historical and contemporary art examples with an emphasis on contemporary themes
- Use tools and materials safely.
- Apply a unifying theme to a series.
- Select media for its sculptural qualities and application.
- Produce sculptures.
- Use finish techniques.
- Convey a personal aesthetic.
- Present and document completed work.
- Identify, analyze and utilize the formal elements and principles of design.
- Recognize historical or contemporary examples of the fine arts or crafts with an emphasis on contemporary themes.
- Use media specific terminology to critique and evaluate works of art.
- Critique and evaluation of art and artifacts.