Oct 20, 2021
AVT 110 - Private Pilot Helicopter Ground II
Description: Fundamentals of navigation, human errors, Federal Aviation requirements, weather systems and hazards.
Prerequisites: Admission to the Private Pilot-Helicopter program and AVT 109 .
- Federal aviation requirements
- Human error in flight
- Utilize airport and heliport communications. (1,2)
- Identify the basic elements of weather as they pertain to flight. (1)
- Use a Federal Aviation Regulation manual and Airport Facility Directory. (2)
- Use a flight computer. (4)
- Determine protocols for cross-country flight. (4)
- Identify the physiological and psychological factors which can affect human safety and comfort in flight. (3)
- Identify extreme hazards of helicopter flight. (5)
- Oral exams and FAA written test.