Oct 26, 2021
AVT 124 - Fundamentals of Air Traffic Control Radar Operation
Description: Theory and fundamentals of radar operation as it pertains to the National Airspace System, Oceanic and International Air Traffic Control, and the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
Prerequisites: AVT 122 and AVT 123 .
- Radar fundamentals
- Radar separation
- Operation in the National Airspace System (NAS)
- Oceanic and International Air Control
- The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- Identify the types of air traffic control radar. (1)
- Operate a computerized radar system. (1)
- Identify separation standards, (2)
- Describe instrument flight rules (IFR) and visual flight rules (VFR) flight as they pertain to the NAS (3)
- Identify international, Canadian, Atlantic and European air traffic control procedures. (4)
- Describe the structure of the FAA. (5)
- Distinguish between FAA control facilities, contract services, and Flight Service Stations. (5)