Mar 07, 2021
AVT 211B - Commercial Pilot Helicopter Flight I - R44
Description: Advanced helicopter flight operations and navigation, including mountain flying techniques. Preparation for Federal Aviation Administration commercial pilot oral and practical test. TRAINING HOURS: Dual: 31.0; Solo: 26.5; Ground: 17.5; Pre/Post: 17.0.
Prerequisites: AVT 209 (may be taken concurrently).
- Preflight procedures
- Hovering maneuvers
- Takeoffs, landings, and go-arounds
- Performance maneuvers
- Post-flight procedures
- Validate helicopter airworthiness with simulated discrepancies. (1)
- Predict aircraft performance under adverse and abnormal conditions. (1-4)
- Evaluate weather information as it applies to complex and atypical flight scenarios. (1)
- Differentiate between procedures used during pinnacles, slopes, confined areas, and steep approaches and departures. (2- 4)
- Verify condition of aircraft after engine shutdown. (5)