Mar 07, 2021
AVT 226 - Flight Instructor Instrument Airplane Flight
Description: Teaching flying in clouds and poor weather solely by reference to aircraft instruments. Includes teaching in a flight-training device (simulator). Preparation for Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) flight instructor instrument airplane practical exam. TRAINING HOURS: Dual Instruction (182): 15; Dual AATD: 0; Solo: 0; Pilot Briefings (182=13.5, 172=1.5): 15; Total Flight: 15; Total Aeronautical Experience: 30.
Prerequisites: AVT 216
- Instructing fundamentals
- Teaching technical subject areas
- Teaching instrument preflight preparation
- Teaching instrument preflight lessons
- Teaching air traffic control clearances and procedures
- Teaching flight by reference to instruments
- Teaching navigation systems
- Teaching instrument approach procedures
- Teaching instrument emergency procedures
- Teaching instrument post-flight procedures
- Identify, assess and mitigate risks, encompassing the requirements of 14CFR Part 141 Appendix F. (1-10)
- Certified Fight Instructor Practical Test-Flight Instructor Instrument Airplane.