Mar 30, 2023
BIO 182 - General Biology II BIO 1182.
Description: Principles of plant and animal structure, function, and diversity; evolution, and ecology of populations and communities emphasizing biotic interactions. Primarily designed for biology and pre-professional majors.
Prerequisites: Reading Proficiency
- Bacteria, fungi, and virus
- Plant anatomy and physiology
- Plant diversity
- Animal anatomy and physiology
- Animal diversity
- Evolution and natural selection
- Classification and phylogeny
- Ecological principles
- Population ecology
- Community ecology
- Describe the classification and characteristics of bacteria, fungi and virus.
- Describe plant diversity in respect to structure, function, and classification.
- Describe animal diversity in respect to structure, function, and classification.
- Describe and analyze processes involved in evolution and natural selection.
- Describe the characteristics of each kingdom in biological classification.
- Describe and demonstrate phylogenetic relationships of plants and animals.
- Describe and demonstrate the principles of ecology.
- Describe and demonstrate the principles of population ecology.
- Describe and demonstrate the principles of community ecology.