Feb 28, 2021
CSA 102 - Fundamentals of Personal Computing
Description: Introduction to computer software applications and basics of computer hardware. Includes computer related vocabulary and computer operations.
- History of computers
- Mouse operations and the Windows environment
- Basic wordprocessing skills
- Basic database management skills
- Basic spreadsheet skills
- Basic page layout (desktop publishing) skills
- Introduction to telecommunications, information services and the Internet
- Introductory Windows file management skills
- Recommendations for the purchase of a home computer system
- Explain computer terminology.
- Identify software applications that can be used with a personal microcomputer.
- Create documents using various applications in the Windows environment, including word processing, database, spreadsheet, and desktop publishing.
- Identify the necessary components of a computer system in preparation for buying a computer system.