Dec 05, 2020
CSA 170 - PC Architecture
Description: Introduction to hardware components of a microcomputer. Emphasis on equipment comparisons, hardware requirements, and operating systems.
- Microcomputer bus design
- A history of CPU development
- Input-output ports
- Operating systems
- Hard disk capacity requirements
- Special multimedia hardware requirements
- Networking requirements of the PC
- Requirements studies
- Cost effectiveness analysis
- Describe the different types of bus design.
- Identify the types of memory chips.
- Describe the organization and structure of the operating system.
- Describe the minimum hardware requirements for an operating system.
- Select an optimal multimedia system.
- Evaluate the hardware requirements for networking a PC.
- Perform a requirements study and select a cost effective computer system.