May 24, 2022
EGR 102 - Introduction to Engineering EGR 1102.
Description: Introduction to the field of engineering. Emphasizes the integration of teamwork, problem solving, and verbal communication skills into a design project.
Prerequisites: MAT 187 or (MAT 182 and MAT 183 ). Reading Proficiency.
- Engineering as a careerand profession
- Analysis and problem solving
- Design processes
- Project management and teamwork skills
- Describe the engineering profession. (1)
- Describe engineering ethics, including professional practice and licensure. (1,2)
- Use technical communication skills when presenting the results of group projects. (3)
- Explain engineering analysis and design processes. (3-4)
- Analyze data collected during laboratory procedures from a variety of engineering disciplines. (3,5)
- Design a simple engineering device, write a design report, and present the design. (4,5)