ELT 162 - Mircroprocessors & Microcontrollers
Description: An introduction to microprocessor, and microcontroller architecture and programming. Topics include, memory, instruction sets, addressing modes, serial/parallel interfacing, and troubleshooting. Real-time applications are studied and verified on protoboards and actual microprocessors.
- Architecture and instruction sets of microprocessors and microcontrollers
- Programming in assembly and high-level languages
- Microprocessor and microcontroller testing and troubleshooting
- Identify and describe the architecture, and explain the basic operation of microprocessors and microcontrollers. (1)
- Explain the assembly language instructions of selected microprocessors and microcontrollers. (2)
- Build, analyze and troubleshoot microprocessor or microcontroller circuits. (3)