Jun 25, 2022
EMS 123 - Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation for the Health Care Provider
Description: CPR for victims of all ages. Includes ventilation with a barrier device, a bag-valve-mask device and oxygen, and use of an automated external defibrillator (AED). Meets the requirements of Healthcare Provider CPR & AED by the American Heart Association.
- Scene and personal safety in the workplace
- Need for cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Airway obstruction of the unconscious/conscious adult, child, and infant
- Respiratory and cardiac arrest in adults, children, and infants
- Two-person CPR in adults, children and infants
- Automated external defibrillation in adults, children and infants
- Manage scene safety including personal protective equipment in the workplace. (1,2)
- Manage an obstructed airway in an unconscious/conscious adult, child and infant. (3)
- Manage respiratory and cardiac arrest in adults, children and infants. (4)
- Manage cardiac arrest using two-person CPR. (5)
- Use an automated external defibrillator (AED) to defibrillate patients as needed. (6)
- Hands-on practical manikin testing and a written test required at the completion of the course. A score of 84% or better required to become certified.