Oct 22, 2021
ENG 100 - Introductory Composition
Description: Introduction to basic writing, reading and research skills required for success in college.
Prerequisites: Satisfactory score on the skills assessment. ENG 085 (may be taken concurrently). Reading Proficiency.
- Sentence Structure
- Source Documentation
- Surface Features
- Write focus statements. (1)
- Apply logical development strategies. (2)
- Select and apply voice. (3)
- Develop organizational strategies. (1,2,4)
- Develop and select details. (2,4,5,7)
- Apply sentence structure strategies. (2,4-7)
- Incorporate appropriate and varied vocabulary. (7)
- Document sources. (8)
- Apply conventions of standard written English. (9)
- Identify main idea, organization and supporting arguments in essays. (10)
- A minimum of 4000 words of student writing.