Oct 22, 2021
ENG 136 - Technical Writing
Description: Practical writing for the world of work, from business correspondence to technical reports.
Prerequisites: Satisfactory score on the English skills assessment, ENG 100 or COM 135 .
- Sentence, grammar, mechanics, and other writing skills
- Writing development: clarity, accuracy, depth, and precision
- Workplace writing skills: memorandums, business letters, reports, and proposals
- Outline, graphical images, and storyboards
- Written instructions: active verbs, specific details, and effective communication
- Technical project skills
- Apply practical writing skills for workplace proficiency. (1, 2) (WC 3)
- Create business and technical communication documents: memorandums, letters, reports, and proposals. (3)
- Develop written organizational strategies: outlines, storyboards, graphical images. (4) (WC 2)
- Write effective instructions to communicate with peers and clients. (5) (WC 2)
- Synthesize technical data for larger projects. (6) (WC 1)