Sep 25, 2021
FSC 239 - Fire Department Company Officer
Description: Supervisory methods for the fire service in fire safety, fire department organization and personnel supervision. Elements of management for the first-level Company Officer Supervisor. Includes principles of organization, communication, leadership and emergency incident management.
- Organizational structure
- The company as a group
- Leadership as a group influence
- Elements of management
- Company motivation
- Career counseling
- Problem solving
- Pre-incident surveys
- Fireground management
- Incident command and communications
- Firefighter safety and health
- Company officer liability
- Describe a typical fire department's organizational structure.
- Describe the functions and processes of the internal communications system.
- Apply leadership and management strategies for effective individual and group performance.
- Apply motivational strategies to individual and group performance.
- Perform pre-incident surveys
- Develop a plan for firefighter safety during regular job duties and emergencies.
- Identify potential liability issues of the company officer and a plan to prevent occurrences.
- Perform as the emergency scene commander.