Oct 18, 2021
MUS 107 - Guitar Class I
Description: Beginning instruction on acoustic guitar. Chords and chord strumming, note reading, finger styles and basic music theory. Opportunities to explore classical, folk, and blues styles of playing. No guitars provided.
- Introduction to the guitar
- Introduction to the musical terms and notations
- Two tuning methods
- Note reading performance skills; duets in the classical style
- Chord studies and strumming in the folk style
- Right and left hand skill studies--scales arpeggios
- Repertoire--melodic and chord style music
- Identify parts of guitar.
- Know guitar terms.
- Know musical terms.
- Demonstrate tuning.
- Demonstrate note reading--pitch and rhythm
- Identify chords--symbols and fingering positions.
- Develop finger dexterity--right and left hand.