Oct 20, 2021
MUS 232 - Advanced Integrated Theory II MUS 2223.
Description: Correlating advanced concepts of part writing, sight singing, ear training, dictation and keyboard harmony. Part writing skills using augmented 6th chords, chromatic mediants and modulations to foreign keys, sight singing and dictation skills through two, three and four parts; keyboard skills realizing a figured bass. Required of music majors.
Prerequisites: MUS 231
- Contemporary compositional devices and techniques
- Aural and analytical identification and sight singing of materials employing the above concepts
- Identify 9th, 11th, and 13th chords.
- Identify exotic scales.
- Identify chords of addition and omission.
- Identify quartal harmonies and planning.
- Identify contemporary cadences.
- Identify 12 tone technics.
- Identify interval sets and other technics.
- Identify aural and analytical identification of above concepts.
- Identify vocal chorale style and piano applications of above concept.