NTR 135 - Human Nutrition
Description: Principles of human nutrition including nutrient sources and physiological needs throughout the life cycle. Emphasis on role of nutrition in health and disease.
Prerequisites: Reading Proficiency.
- Nutrition and food and their relation to health
- Food Nutrients
- Energy metabolism
- Digestion, absorption and metabolism
- Ecology of food
- Nutrition and the life cycle
- Diet in disease
- Evaluate nutritional value of food consumed. (1-7)
- Identify the roles of different nutrients in normal metabolism, anatomy, and physiology. (1-7)
- Identify abnormal conditions arising from under-or over-consumption of nutrients. (1,3,6-7)
- Critically analyze the quality of a personal diet. (1-7)
- Evaluate the validity, reliability, and usefulness of current nutrition information provided in the popular media and scientific literature. (1-7)
- Communicate effective nutritional information to others. (1-7)