Oct 19, 2021
PHT 110 - Pharmaceutical Calculations
Description: Conversions and calculations used by pharmacy technicians.
Prerequisites: Program admission. MAT 082 or higher or skills assessment.
Corequisite: PHT 100 .
- Fractions, decimals, percentages, ratios, and proportions
- Word problems
- Metric system
- Household measurements
- Apothecary and Avoirdupois systems
- Oral syringes and injections
- Pediatric and geriatric dosing
- Drip rates
- Apply the basic rules of mathematics: multiplication, division, fractions, decimals, percentages, ratios, and proportions to pharmaceutical calculations. (1, 2)
- Solve word problems. (1-3)
- Identify and use conversions of measurement systems. (4-6)
- Define oral syringe and injection dosing parameters. (7)
- Calculate drug dosages for oral and parenteral routes, pediatrics, and according to body surface area. (1-8)
- Calculate drip rates commonly used in practice. (9)
- Apply reconstitution, dilution, and alligation principles. (10,11)