Sep 27, 2021
PHY 112 - General Physics II PHY 1112.
Description: Electricity, magnetism, light, physical optics, geometric optics, and atomic structure. Designed for pre-med, pre-vet, and pharmacy students.
Prerequisites: PHY 111 . Reading Proficiency.
- Electricity and magnetism
- Light and optics
- Atomic transformations
- Nuclear transformations
- Apply electric and magnetic forces and fields to basic statics and dynamics problems. (1)
- State the relationships between electric potential and electric fields, and apply the relationships to basic electrostatic situations. (1)
- Build and analyze basic circuits, and solve basic circuit problems. (1)
- Build and analyze simple optical systems, and solve basic optical problems. (2)
- Calculate the energies and wavelengths of spectral lines in atomic spectra. (2,3)
- Measure nuclear radiation levels. (4)
- Use scientific reasoning to evaluate physical and natural phenomena. (1-4)
- Identify the unifying themes of the scientific field of study. (1-4)
- Interpret the numerical and/or graphical presentation of scientific data. (1-4)
- Use the tools and equipment necessary for basic scientific analysis and research. (1-4)
- Record the results of investigation through writing. (1-4)