Jul 12, 2020
PSY 241 - Substance Abuse
Description: Study of the physical, social, and psychological effects of substance abuse. The effects of substance abuse on the criminal justice system.
- Nature and history of drug and alcohol abuse
- Types of drugs
- Psychological factors
- Physiological factors
- Social and criminal factors
- Research in the field
- Treatment methods
- Anti-drug legislation
- Legalization and decriminalization of drugs
- Explain the symptoms and consequences of substance abuse
- Identify and categorize the types of drugs most associated with abuse.
- Summarize the history of drug and alcohol abuse.
- Characterize several treatment approaches to drug abuse.
- Review current research in drug abuse.
- Analyze the effects of drugs on the criminal justice system.