Sep 16, 2021
MAT 097 - Intermediate Algebra
Description: Simplifying polynomial, rational and radical expressions; solving quadratic, rational and radical equations; introducing functions and their representations; applying mathematics in real-world contexts; and using appropriate technology. Note: Computer use and graphing calculator required (TI-83/84 recommended).
Prerequisites: MAT 092 or a satisfactory score on the mathematics skills assessment.
- Rational expressions and equations
- Radical expressions and equations
- Quadratic functions and equations
- Factor binomials, trinomials and other polynomials using various methods. (1)
- Perform basic operations with, and reduce, rational expressions. (1,2)
- Perform basic operations with, and simplify, radical expressions. (4)
- Interpret functional relationships in various forms (numeric, algebraic, graphic). (2-5)
- Solve rational, radical, and quadratic equations algebraically or graphically. (1, 2, 4, 5)
- Solve inequalities algebraically or graphically. (6)
- Apply mathematics in real world contexts. (2-5)
- Use technology to analyze graphs of functions. (3, 5, 7)