Apr 22, 2021
ENG 210 - Introduction to Rhetoric
Description: Study of important works concerning theories of invention, arrangement, style, and delivery. Includes development of the written voice to enhance all aspects of communication to carry out work and persuasion. Also includes the application of rhetorical theories to a variety of material, print, and digital forms of communication.
Prerequisites: ENG 101
- History of rhetoric
- Key influences and contributors to the development of rhetoric
- Key rhetorical terms and concepts
- Classical and modern samples of communication
- Scholarly and reasonable communication
- Explain the history of rhetoric. (1)
- Identify key influences and contributors to the development of rhetoric. (2)
- Define key rhetorical terms and concepts. (3)
- Critique classical and modern samples of communication. (4)
- Use rhetoric to construct a coherent, reasonable, and innovative argument supported by scholarly resources. (5)
2500 words of monitored writing.