Dec 03, 2020
ELT 215 - Basic Helicopter Lineworker Course
Description: Basic helicopter operations and safety guidelines, and their role in the Utility industry. Includes communication protocols between Lineworker and Pilot, Human External Cargo (HEC) training, health and environmental considerations, basic weight and balance calculations, equipment, rigging, and cargo. Hands-on training in longline, skid transfer, and transmission line hardware installations and maintenance.
Prerequisites: Currently enrolled in, or a graduate of, an accredited Line School, or participant, or graduate of, a Joint Apprenticeship.
- Rigging and inspection practices
- Transfers from aircraft
- Weight and Balance calculations
- Safety practices
- installations of wire stringing components
- Apply safety protocols in all power line situations (1-6)
- Demonstrate competency in climbing and working on wood and steel poles/towers (1-6)
- Apply rigging techniques to power line applications (1-6)
- Identify tools, materials, and equipment used in the construction of overhead transmission lines. (1)
- Install overhead and underground power line equipment and components. (1-6)
- Demonstrate basic competency in operation of ladder and longline from a helicopter (1-6)
- Apply safety protocols in all power line situations.
- Demonstrate basic competency in operation of ladder and longline from a helicopter.