Apr 16, 2021
AGS 274 - Water Management
Description: Irrigation techniques for golf courses, greenhouses, aquaculture, and horse production including sizing pipes and fittings, backflow prevention, filtration, pumps, sprinklers, spraybooms, misters, and valves. Includes code requirements, blueprint reading, and bidding.
- Pipe types and sizes
- Drain tiles
- Backflow prevention
- Blueprint reading
- Irrigation design
- Code requirements
- Identify types and sizes of pipe used in irrigation systems.
- Select the most appropriate pipe for a given circuit.
- Demonstrate the use of tools commonly used in plumbing.
- Identify the valve boxes used for manifold systems.
- Identify the most commonly used fittings for connecting pipe.
- Select the appropriate fitting for a given connection.
- Explain the different uses for gate, globe and ball valves.
- List the advantages and disadvantages of the three most common valves.
- Determine correct positioning for drain tiles.
- Select the most appropriate backflow prevention device for a given circuit.
- Distinguish between in-line manual and automatic valves.
- Distinguish between manual and automatic pressure vacuum breakers.
- Determine appropriate sprinkler spacing.
- Explain the difference between static and working pressure.
- Determine local codes for commercial irrigation.
- Solve for pressure drop over a given run.
- Design greenhouse irrigation and fertilization system.
- Design aquaculture systems.
- Design horse watering systems.
- Design golf course systems.
- Troubleshoot sprayboom nozzles.
- Determine circuits, valves, draintiles, and sprinklers for a given par three hole.
- Calculate costs for irrigation of a par three hole.
- Irrigation design for par three hole or greenhouse.