Jun 25, 2022
ENG 100 - Introductory Composition
Description: Introduction to basic writing, reading and research skills required for success in college.
Prerequisites: Satisfactory score on the skills assessment. ENG 085 (This may be taken concurrently). Reading Proficiency.
- Essay content
- Organization and structure
- Purpose and audience
- Grammar and punctuation
- Write thesis statements. (1)
- Develop and select details. (1)
- Develop organizational strategies. (2)
- Apply logical development strategies reflecting knowledge about a topic. (2)
- Demonstrate purpose and audience awareness. (3)
- Select and apply voice. (3)
- Apply sentence structure strategies. (4)
- Incorporate varied and appropriate vocabulary. (4)
- Apply conventions of standard written English. (5)
- Identify main idea and support in sources. (6)
- Document sources. (6)
- A minimum of 4,000 words of monitored student writing.