Apr 16, 2021
EXW 152 - Personal Health and Wellness
Description: Explore issues related to health and wellness. Emphasis on current topics and individual choices affected by psychological, sociological and environmental factors.
Prerequisites: Reading Proficiency.
- Introduction to personal health and wellness
- Factors that affect personal health and wellness
- Personal health and wellness research methods
- Personal health and wellness assessment techniques
- Societal and environmental health issues
- Define personal health and the 7 dimensions of wellness (physical, mental, emotional, social, environmental, occupational, and spiritual). (1)
- Evaluate the components of personal health and wellness promoting positive behavior. (1,2,5)
- Explain and apply research methods and assessment techniques for establishing cause and effect of personal health and wellness related issues and treatment. (3,4)
- Evaluate extrinsic and intrinsic factors that impact personal health and wellness. (1-5)
- Analyze societal and environmental influences on personal health and wellness. (5)
- Demonstrate thoughtful and precise writing skills by completing at least 1500 words of monitored writing.