Mar 02, 2024
2023-2024 Yavapai College Catalog
Arizona Revised Statutes recognize Yavapai College Police Department (YCPD) officers as peace officers, providing them with full enforcement authority in the State of Arizona. YCPD officers are commissioned under the authority of the Yavapai College District Governing Board with jurisdiction of all campuses and property owned and/or utilized for educational purposes by Yavapai College approved by the District Governing Board.
Yavapai College Police Department (YCPD) services include:
- Responding to emergencies on campus
- Investigating traffic accidents
- Investigating crimes and violations of college policy
- Delivering emergency messages
- Assisting victims of crime
- Patrolling and monitoring the campus grounds for intrusion, fire, criminal activity and hazardous conditions
- Traffic control and sign placement
- Providing security consultation to the campus community
- Monitoring fire alarms
- Maintaining lost and found
- Serving as a central location for campus safety information
- Providing crime prevention seminars and programs
- Assisting with requested door locks/unlocks
Campus Crime Reporting
The Yavapai College Police Department provides crime statistics for all campuses. These statistics can be obtained from the College Police Office, Student Affairs Office or on the College Police website.
Notification of college crime statistics is either mailed in post card format or sent by e-mail each year to currently enrolled students, faculty and staff. Prospective students are advised of the availability of the crime statistics through recruiters and also through the College Police website. Federal law, through the Department of Education, mandates that Yavapai College provide the college community with this information annually. The annual report is available on the College Police website, and also available for distribution at the College Police Department.