Oct 01, 2023
CSA 134 - Microsoft Word Desktop Publishing
Description: Desktop Publishing using advanced features in Microsoft Word within the Windows Operating System to plan, define, and incorporate desktop publishing concepts and the design and creation of business and personal documents.
Prerequisites: Prerequisite: CSA 140 .
1. Graphic design concepts
2. Desktop publishing process
3. Personal documents
4. Business documents
5. Page design elements
6. Simple web pages
1. Use graphic design rules in document creation. (1)
2. Plan and prepare business documents such as letterheads, envelopes, business cards, fillable forms, and certificates. (2-4)
3. Plan and create promotional documents such as flyers, brochures, newsletters, and gift certificates. (2-4)
4. Develop and create newsletters while incorporating design elements such as mastheads, sidebars, pull quotes, kickers, jump lines, and color along with Word features such as columns and styles. (2-5)
5. Create a Web home page with hyperlinks using Microsoft Word and apply basic desktop publishing concepts to the layout and design of the Web page. (2,5,6)