Sep 21, 2023
CNT 101 - Networking and Cybersecurity Fundamentals
Description: Essential skills practiced in the networking and cybersecurity professions. Network device operation and configuration, network protocols, network security, and troubleshooting are key topics of discussion with hands-on activities. The latest networking standards and technologies are covered.
- Computer network operation and communication fundamentals
- Network hardware essentials
- Network topologies and technologies
- Network media
- Network protocols and standards
- Network addressing.
- Intermediate network hardware.
- Network security essentials.
- Wide area networking.
- Network troubleshooting.
- Describe computer network operations and communications. (1)
- Compare and contrast network hardware devices. (2)
- Describe network topologies and the technologies that use them. (3)
- Describe the characteristics of network media. (4)
- Discuss network protocols. (5)
- Configure network addressing. (6)
- Describe the OSI reference model. (7)
- Explain advanced features and operation of network devices. (8)
- Apply network security best practices. (9)
- Define wide area networking technologies. (10)
- Demonstrate network troubleshooting techniques. (11)