ART 110 - Drawing I ART 1111
Description: Perspective and visual perception studied as related to developing artistic visual growth in perceiving our environment. Emphasis on analysis of objects and their compositional placement within pictorial construction. Application of design principles.
- Drawing skills
c. Plastic space/modeling
- Visual literacy and aesthetic
a. Visual memory
b. Analysis and study of forms
c. Visual vocabulary
- Formal elements and principles of design
- Historical and contemporary art examples
- Apply various perspective techniques.
- Identify and use foreshortening..
- Produce plastic space and modeling.
- Use chiaroscuro technique.
- Identify, memorize and transfer visual information to the page.
- Analyze forms.
- Develop a visual vocabulary
- Identify, analyze and utilize the formal elements and principles of design.
- Recognize historical or contemporary examples of the fine arts or crafts.
- Use media specific terminology to critique and evaluate works of art.
- Critique and evaluation of art and artifacts.