Jun 08, 2023
AVT 226 - Flight Instructor Instrument Airplane Flight
Description: Teaching flying in clouds and poor weather solely by reference to aircraft instruments. Includes teaching in a flight-training device (simulator). Preparation for Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) flight instructor instrument airplane practical exam. TRAINING HOURS: Dual Instruction (182): 15.5; Dual AATD: 0; Solo: 0; Pilot Briefings: 29; Pre/Post: 3.0; Total Flight Experience: 15.5; Total Aeronautical Experience: 47.5.
Prerequisites: AVT 225 (may be taken concurrently) and AVT 216
- Instructing fundamentals
- Teaching technical subject areas
- Teaching instrument preflight preparation
- Teaching instrument preflight lessons
- Teaching air traffic control clearances and procedures
- Teaching flight by reference to instruments
- Teaching navigation systems
- Teaching instrument approach procedures
- Teaching instrument emergency procedures
- Teaching instrument post-flight procedures
- Identify, assess and mitigate risks, encompassing the requirements of 14CFR Part 141 Appendix F. (1-10)
- Certified Fight Instructor Practical Test-Flight Instructor Instrument Airplane.