Dec 04, 2023
GEO 102 - World Geography East GEO 1121.
Description: A geographical exploration of the people, places, and landscapes of Africa, Asia and Australia/Pacific Islands.
General Education Competency: Diversity
- Geographic traditions, terminology and methodology
- Regional presentation of important human and physical locations
- Major geographic qualities, characteristics and unifying elements of each region
- Regional physiography and human adaptation to it
- Regional economic, political, settlement, cultural, human and historical geographic distributions and qualities
- Unique and/or significant regional issues or events
- Significant characteristics, qualities and issues for individual countries or subregions
- Current issues/events of global concern or impact
- Describe the traditions of geography. (1)
- Cite the basic concepts in geographical study and analysis. (1,2)
- Identify and discuss basic cultural differences within geographic regions and between regions. (3-5)
- Relate the physical geography of each region and its influences to human geography. (2-4)
- Locate and evaluate geographical information from a variety of sources. (6-8)
- Integrate historical information with spatial distribution information of human phenomena. (5)
- Apply spatial analysis skills to regional geographic distributions. (1,4)
- Use locational analysis to explain natural and human geographical phenomena. (2,7)
- Critically analyze issues and synthesize information related to current regional trends. (6-8)
- Identify significant physical and cultural geographical locations. (2-6)
- Explain a personal connection to the global/international community in contemporary society. (8)
- Demonstrate thoughtful and precise writing skills by completing at least 1500 words of monitored writing.