Jun 08, 2023
MAT 152 - College Algebra MAT 1151.
Description: Modeling of applications using linear, quadratic, exponential and logarithmic functions. Introduction to solving systems of equations using matrices. Note: Computer use and graphing calculator required (TI-83/84 recommended). Duplicate credit for MAT 152 and MAT 187 will not be awarded.
Prerequisites: MAT 097 or a satisfactory score on the mathematics skills assessment.
General Education Competency: Quantitative Literacy
- Linear Functions
- Quadratic and other nonlinear functions
- Exponential and logarithmic functions
- Polynomial functions
- Systems of equations and matrices
- Technology in mathematics
- Recognize trends in data. (1-4,6)
- Create suitable functions that model data using technology. (1-4,6)
- Analyze an application using a function developed from data. (1-4,6)
- Add, subtract and multiply matrices in the context of an application. (5,6)
- Solve a system of equations using matrices and technology. (5,6)
- Solve polynomial, exponential, logarithmic, rational, and power equation algebraically. (1-4)
- Solve polynomial, exponential, logarithmic, rational, and power equation graphically. (1-4)
- Predict function values from polynomial, exponential, logarithmic, rational, and power models. (1-4)