Nov 29, 2023
AVT 217 - Commercial Pilot Single-Engine Airplane Flight
Description: Designed for students who are both private pilot and instrument flight rated for airplane flight and are seeking the commercial single-engine pilot rating. Includes advanced airplane components, advanced aerodynamics and advanced performance. TRAINING HOURS: Dual Instruction (182): 44.5; Dual AATD: 12.8; Solo (172): 68; Pilot Briefings: 21.5; Pre/Post: 10.5; Total Flight Experience: 125.3; Total Aeronautical Experience: 157.3. The Cessna 141 King Kits is included in this course for the required ground training.
Prerequisites: AVT 204 (may be taken concurrently) and AVT 116
- Preflight preparation
- Preflight procedures
- Airport and seaplane base operations
- Takeoffs, landings, and go-arounds
- Performance maneuvers
- Ground reference maneuvers
- Slow flight and stalls
- Emergency operations
- High-altitude operations
- Postflight procedures
- Identify, assess and mitigate risks, encompassing the requirements of 14CFR Part 141 Appendix D. (1-11)
- Commercial Pilot Airplane Practical test-Commercial Pilot Certificate Airplane Single Engine Land.