ART 196 - Portraiture I
Description: Emphasis on portraiture techniques for individuals proficient in a specific medium. Application of design principles.
Prerequisites: ART 110 and ART 190
- Use of tools and pigment to model a portrait.
- Proportions and anatomy of head
- Head studies
- Color theory/color contrasts
- Connection between design elements and "likeness"
- Formal elements and principles of design
- Historical and contemporary art examples
- Utilize appropriate tools and media to model a portrait.
- Identify and depict the structure of head and face.
- Execute monochromatic or color portrait study.
- Utilize color contrasts in portrait.
- Apply painting techniques to depict drapery.
- Make a connection between design elements and "likeness."
- Identify, analyze and utilize the formal elements and principles of design.
- Recognize historical or contemporary examples of the fine arts or crafts
- Use media specific terminology to critique and evaluate works of art.
- Critique and evaluation of art and artifacts