Oct 26, 2021
CNC 102 - CNC Machine Setup
Description: Basic principles and operative skills to setup and operate through 1st. article part CNC mills and lathes.
Prerequisites: CNC 101
- CNC Mill and lathe operation.
- Speeds and feeds.
- Blueprint reading.
- Troubleshooting tooling problems.
- Identify coordinate and primary machine axes. (1)
- Define and describe absolute and incremental positioning. (1)
- Show procedures in starting the CNC milling machine and for running a program in graphics mode.(1)
- Identify the machine coordinate systems and how to use them. (1)
- Identify CNC tooling and applications. (1,4)
- Identify cutting tool collets and holding fixtures. (1,4)
- Identify the proper use of fixtures, setups and gagging. (1)
- Set work offsets. (1,4)
- Load tools and set tool length offsets. (1,5)
- Use proper cutter compensation and calculate cutting tool speeds and feeds. (1,4)
- Read blue prints and interrupt job operation sheets. (3)
- Identify geometric tolerance and how they are used. (5)
- Define program format and definitions within. (1,2)
- Identify and define machine default "G" codes and miscellaneous "M" codes. (1,2,4)
- Describe the program structure. (4,5)
- Read, interrupt and edit machine programs. (1,2,4,5)
- Identify alphabetical address codes. (1)
- Determine solutions for twist drill and end mill problems. (4)
- Determine how to maintain part reliability and dimensional specifications for multiple parts. (5)
- Adjust for tool nose compensation and determine solutions for tooling problems. (4)