Dec 05, 2020
CRW 251 - Advanced Creative Writing: Creative Non-Fiction
Description: Advanced techniques in writing creative nonfiction, with emphasis on personal essay and memoir.
Prerequisites: CRW 139 or CRW 142 or CRW 143
- Elements of creative nonfiction
- Close reading of literary and student texts
- Methods of crafting, critiquing and revising creative nonfiction work
- Markets and publishing resources
- Identify and apply elements of creative nonfiction. (1)
- Analyze and evaluate literary and student texts. (2)
- Write, critique and revise own creative nonfiction work. (3)
- Identify potential markets and publishing resources. (4)
- Submit work for publication. (4)
- 10,000 words of monitored writing.