Apr 16, 2021
ENG 101 - College Composition I ENG 1101
Description: Composing expository and argumentative essays for specific audiences. Emphasis on the processes of writing, reading and critical thinking. Introduction to research and documentation.
Prerequisites: Satisfactory score on the English skills assessment; or a grade of "C" or better in ENG 100 . Reading Proficiency.
- Essay content
- Organization and structure
- Purpose and audience
- Grammar and punctuation
- Write thesis statements. (1)
- Select content and details. (1)
- Use organizational strategies. (2)
- Apply reasoned development strategies reflecting knowledge about a topic. (2)
- Use persuasive reasoning. (3)
- Select and apply voice. (3)
- Apply sentence structure strategies. (4)
- Incorporate purposeful, varied and appropriate vocabulary. (4)
- Apply conventions of standard written English. (5)
- Locate and evaluate information. (6)
- Analyze and interpret information. (6)
- Integrate and document information. (6)
- A minimum of 4,500 words of monitored student writing.