Mar 21, 2023
ENG 102 - College Composition II ENG 1102.
Description: Extensive critical reading and writing about texts. Emphasis on fluency in critical writing. Includes research skills and writing a critical, documented essay.
Prerequisites: ENG 101 or ENG 101A or ENG 103 . Reading Proficiency.
General Education Competency: Written Communication
- Essay Content
- Organization and structure
- Purpose and audience
- Grammar and punctuation
- Write thesis statements. (1)
- Use and select content and details. (1)
- Interpret and analyze texts. (1)
- Use organizational strategies. (2)
- Apply reasoned development strategies reflecting knowledge about a topic. (2)
- Identify and evaluate multiple meanings and perspectives in language. (3)
- Select and apply voice. (3)
- Apply sentence structure strategies. (4)
- Incorporate purposeful, varied and appropriate vocabulary. (4)
- Apply conventions of standard written English. (5)
- Locate and evaluate information. (6)
- Analyze and interpret information. (6)
- Integrate and document information. (6)
- A minimum of 5,000 words of monitored student writing.