Mar 21, 2023
ENG 104 - College Composition II Honors
Description: Extensive critical reading and writing about texts, including literature. Emphasis on fluency in critical writing. Advanced ENG 102 content and learning activities. Includes research skills and writing a critical, documented essay.
Prerequisites: ENG 103 , or ENG 101 and placement by English skills assessment. Reading Proficiency.
General Education Competency: Written Communication
- Development strategies
- Sentence structure
- Multiple meanings and perspectives in language
- Sources and documentation
- Surface features
- Text interpretation and analysis
- Critical reading
- Write focus statements. (1)
- Apply reasoned development strategies. (2)
- Select and apply voice. (3)
- Use organizational strategies. (1, 2, 4, 6, 10)
- Use and select details. (5, 7, 10)
- Apply sentence structure strategies. (4, 6)
- Identify and evaluate multiple meanings and perspectives in language. (7, 10)
- Locate, evaluate, integrate, and document information. (2, 8, 10)
- Apply conventions of standard written English. (7, 9, 10)
- Interpret and analyze texts. (7, 8, 10)
- Evaluate and analyze professional and student writing. (11)
- A minimum of 5000 words of student writing.