Dec 06, 2023
COM 271 - Small Group Communication COM 2271.
Description: Examination of the principles and processes of group communication as a vehicle for solving problems, reaching decisions and making recommendations. Students will study and practice the theories, behaviors and processes of group communication.
Prerequisites: Reading Proficiency
- Group communication theory
- Group and group processes
- Group concepts
- Group climate
- Decision making and problem solving theories and strategies
- Leadership theories and strategies
- Technology and teams
- Apply theories and principles of group communication. (1,2,7)
- Apply and identify group problem solving and decision making strategies. (5)
- Evaluate group processes and behavior. (2,4)
- Apply leadership and group participation skills. (3,6)
- Identify and apply available technologies for virtual meetings. (7)