Dec 06, 2023
ENG 141 - Introduction to Poetry
Description: Reading and writing poetry. Beginning techniques used for writing poetry.
Prerequisites: Reading Proficiency.
General Education Competency: Written Communication
- Elements of poetry writing (e.g., imagery, stanza, internal rhyme, alliteration, consonance)
- Close reading of literary and student texts
- Methods of crafting, critiquing, and revising poetry
- Identify elements of poetry (e.g., imagery, stanza, internal rhyme, alliteration, consonance). (1)
- Apply elements of poetry ((e.g., imagery, stanza, internal rhyme, alliteration, consonance). (1)
- Analyze literary texts. (2)
- Evaluate student texts. (2)
- Write poetry. (3)
- Critique poetry of self and others. (3)
- Revise own poetry. (3)
- Minimum of five pieces (poems) of monitored writing.