TRIO is a set of college opportunity programs funded by the U.S. Department of Education designed to motivate and support eligible students in their pursuit of a college education. Of nearly 3,000 in the nation, Yavapai College is the fortunate recipient of two TRIO Programs, including Student Support Services and Educational Talent Search. General eligibility criteria are based on low-income status, first generation college attendance, and/or disability. Other program-specific requirements may apply.
Student Support Services (SSS TRIO) mission is to encourage and assist eligible students through graduation and/or transfer from Yavapai College.
Free services offered to students accepted into the program include:
• Extended academic advising and university transfer assistance
• Individual tutoring and peer mentoring
• Assistance with financial aid, scholarships, and other resources
• Student success and leadership development
• Cultural enrichment, social events, and university field trips
For more program information visit www.yc.edu/sss, email email@example.com, or call 928.776.2084.
Educational Talent Search (ETS TRIO) mission is to support eligible students through high school graduation, then enroll and graduate with a degree or certificate from a college or university.
Free services for eligible students at 11 middle and high schools in Yavapai County include:
• Academic counseling, tutoring, and mentoring
• Career exploration and goal setting
• Technology skill building and learning enrichment
• Exposure to college campuses and cultural events
• Assistance with college admission, financial aid, and scholarship applications
For more program details visit www.yc.edu/ets, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 928.717.7655.