AVT 214 - Instrument Pilot Flight Simulation
Description: Introduction to flight by reference to instruments. Emphasis on instrument navigation, approach, and emergency procedures in the simulator. Includes preparation for FAA instrument pilot oral and practical test.
Prerequisites: Admission to Aerospace Science program.
- Instrument preflight procedures in a simulator
- Air traffic control clearances and procedures in a simulator
- Flight by reference to instruments in a simulator
- Navigation systems in a simulator
- Instrument approach procedures in a simulator
- Instrument emergency operations in a simulator
- Postflight procedures in a simulator
- Identify, assess and mitigate risks, encompassing the requirements of 14CFR Part 61.65(c). (1-7)